Did you know that thanks to the rapid development of technology and the 2019 pandemic outbreak, more people than ever before are working from home? In 2020, a staggering 88% of organizations across the globe adopted work from home policies in response to the pandemic outbreak, and this trend is not going away anytime soon.
According to a survey conducted by Buffer in 2021, 98% of remote workers want to continue working from home, at least part-time, for the rest of their careers. The survey also revealed that 55% of workers would prefer full-time remote work once pandemic restrictions are lifted.
With so many workers shifting to remote work, it’s vital to make sure that working from home is as productive as working from the office. So, here are some tips and tricks to help you stay productive while working from home:
- Create a designated workspace: Setting up a designated workspace will help you switch to the work mindset and can help minimize distractions around the home.
- Stick to a schedule: Try to establish a daily routine as if you were heading to the office every day. This helps to shape your day of work and down time which can help be a stress reliever.
- Take breaks: It can be easy to become engrossed in work and forget to take breaks. However, working non-stop can have a negative effect on your productivity overall as well as your mental and physical health.
- Limit distractions: Distractions will always be present while working from home, finding ways to minimize them, and placing boundaries will bring balance and concentration to your workday.
- Stay connected: Despite physical distancing, it’s important to stay connected with colleagues and other peers, let technology be our friend and use options like Teams, Zoom or Skype.
- Create Checklists: Setting task lists for your workday helps with productivity and can help you assess the progress of your work.
- Readjust as necessary: It’s okay to readjust routines or strategies that are not working for you. Make sure to give yourself time to find the right schedule and routine that suits you.
Using these tips will help you stay productive and focused while working from home. With a little adjusting and determination, working from home can be just as productive, if not more, than working from the office.
Post-covid retailing: 3 things to try this lockdown
7 tips for health & wellbeing while working from home
Latest job opportunities at Cybertill
Rebeckah heads up our US operations and knows a thing or two about migrating POS systems and supporting customers on the Cybertill system, specifically for the liquor sector.