We are passionate about delivering the latest software and tech to our growing customer base across the UK, US and Europe. With our Insight Driven and Frictionless Commerce cloud-based applications serving an incredibly diverse range of Retailers, we have become one of the UK’s best innovators, winning numerous awards (including the IT Europa SaaS Awards & UK Cloud Awards) along the way.
With our 20 years of experience providing a one stop shop including software, hardware, payments, services, and telecoms to over 7,000 retail locations we recognise the power of living and breathing our values by being passionate, agile, supportive, and professional at every turn.
Work somewhere where your passion and ideas get brought to life, but more importantly get you noticed. Get ahead and join a team who have your back and drive you forward, every day.
Our customers and their consumers deserve the best experience. Cybertill operates a customer centric product and services model which needs people to go above and beyond when supporting our customers and employees.
We are looking for service focused Technical Operations Engineer who can provide the best in-house IT support spanning hardware, operating systems, networks, and project support to Cybertill customers whether internal or external. You will have a passion for providing great service to your customers whilst operating under tight SLA’s.
What you will do…
- Record, respond and resolve issues and service requests via our ITSM system
- Train and assist End Users / Service Desk on new and current hardware, operating systems, and new technologies.
- Learn new IT and customer service skills to enhance and improve support services supplied by Cybertill to its customers.
- Keep track of current hardware & software offerings whilst investigating and validating new products and services to add to the Product catalogue.
- Support the Cybertill Service Desk team on any retail POS hardware / network environmental technical issues.
- Create self-help support materials for users and customers.
- Undertake technical validations of Retail hardware ensuring that a sustainable service can be provided long into the future
- Analyse trends and themes of service-related issues to identify root causes and have continual improvement at the centre of everything you do
- Support the sales and implementation team with hardware & configuration queries and by providing / drafting the appropriate technical specifications
- Build deployment processes through our Cybertill Remote Management tools and Installer creation tools.
- Ensure that the internal IT infrastructure is sufficiently maintained and patched to ensure maximum security and availability
Who we are looking for…
- An individual who thrives on working in pressurised situations and working to tight timescales
- Experience with IT service management techniques and process such as ITIL
- Someone with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 & Windows SQL Server Administration
- An expert in Windows Imaging and Deployment Techniques
- A Microsoft SharePoint Admin guru
- Virtualisation Management experience
- Someone with essential knowledge of Windows Installer Creation tools
- A Retail background with understanding of both PCI and PoS hardware
What other skills we need…
It isn’t just about what you know, it is just as important to us about how you do it.
You will be:
- Results focused.
- Team focused.
- Service orientated.
- Innovative & Passionate
- An excellent communicator both internally and externally
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer centric ethos.
- Ability to travel around the UK
An IT or computer science degree is desirable or qualifications in ITIL, MCSE/MCSA & CCNA
Who you will work with…
The role of the Technical Operations Senior Engineer will work closely with our ServiceDesk, Sales & Projects Teams
What Physical Demands are there…
Our Work Environment:
Although Head Officed in Liverpool we care about how the job is done, not necessarily where it is done! We are happy to explore all flexible and remote working practices that suit us both, but we still love seeing our customers face to face so travel will be required from time to time.
What you will get….
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 30 days annual leave with holiday top up purchases an option.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Friday afternoons dedicated to Innovation & Learning.
- Unlimited Udemy access to over 3,000 courses
- Protected wellbeing time
- Great supportive working environment,
- Other optional benefits to choose from
Our supportive environment ensures that your hard work will be both recognised and celebrated. We have a Teams channel for shoutouts, Weekly Town Halls to communicate our challenges and successes, rewards for Innovation and living our values, and a much-acclaimed Annual BBQ catered for by the Directors (well it can’t all be good)!
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.