Summary of functions
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Technical Operations Engineer who will work as part of Cybertill’s in house Technical Operations Team.
The candidate will provide IT general support including hardware, operating system, networking and general technical project support and services to Cybertill’s customers both internally and externally. This involves supporting software, hardware and network services within the agreed SLA’s.
We are a fast-growing company with an international recognition for delivering solutions and services to retailers and we need someone who can ensure we provide a great service to our customers in the support of specific services that we provide. The ideal candidate will be energetic, positive, outgoing, be a good communicator, have strong team working skills and be passionate about providing excellent service.
The role of Technical Operations Engineer works within the Technical Operations Centre and reports into the Technical Operations Team Leader. The role will also see close interaction with all other Departments within Cybertill.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Hardware – PC’s, laptops, servers, IP phones, VPN Hardware/Soft token, iPhones, iPads and tablets, POS Units, Receipt Printers, Label Printers, Chip N PIN PEDs, Barcode scanners, Video Conferencing Equipment.
- Software – Microsoft packages, Adobe packages, Anti-Virus, Office 365, Windows 7/10 desktop and Server OS, Linux, Microsoft SQL/MySQL, virtualisation software, backup software, WatchGuard firewall configurations, Remote Device management software, UCaaS Solutions and password management software.
- Networking – Switches, Wi-Fi and General TCP/IP Networking, Firewalls, VLAN Networks.
- To log, update and resolve tickets on the Service Desk logging system.
- To work within a team and provide support to other members as and when required.
- To be able to work under pressure and within strict timescales.
- To train and assist End Users / Service Desk on new and current hardware, operating systems and new technologies.
- Be pro-active and willing to learn new IT and customer service skills in order to enhance and improve support services supplied by the company to its customers.
- To be flexible to work out of hours (as and when required)
- To keep track of current hardware and software offering to track EOL dates and part changes that require corrective action.
- To work on self-help support material for the Service Desk to guide customers to.
- To undertake technical validations of customer own hardware and arrange appropriate installations ensuring that this hardware does not have an adverse effect on the Service Desk long term.
- To relate directly with end users on known technical issues in order to try to resolve the issue or escalate to third parties as appropriate.
- To ensure that the internal IT infrastructure is sufficiently maintained and patched to ensure maximum security and availability.
- Experience with IT service management techniques and process such as ITIL.
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Windows SQL Server Administration.
- VOIP UCaaS/Contact Centre Solutions.
- Windows Imaging and Deployment Techniques.
- MACOS Expertise.
- Linux OS experience.
- PCI/P2PE experience.
- Microsoft Office365 SharePoint administration.
- Remote Management Software.
- Virtualization Management experience.
- LAN / TCP/IP networking.
- Ubiquity WIFI & LAN solutions desirable.
- Maintaining & troubleshooting VLAN’s desirable.
- MDM experience.
- Sophos Central experience desirable.
- Computer/Web related degree desirable.
- Formal IT, Web or Database qualifications desirable.
- Computer/Web related degree desirable.
- ITIL v3 desirable
- MCSE/MCSA desirable
- CCNA desirable.
Some physical demands when performing installations or other related tasks.
To be based predominantly at the Cybertill Head Office in Knowsley with occasional onsite requirements throughout the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to email@example.com stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role. You will have the opportunity to apply for this position until Friday 21st August 2020 after this date the position will be closed.
Please send a detailed CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this role.