Cybertill is looking for a talented Technical Lead to accelerate the development of its software and products. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to drive product roadmap delivery that aligns directly with changing retailer and consumer expectations.
Cybertill was founded in 2001 and was the first technology of its kind to allow stores, ecommerce, and warehouses to report and access centralised data in real-time. Yeah, we basically invented cloud retailing. However, we’re much more than that now, and we need to stand out to innovative retailers in this crowded tech marketplace. Retailers look to Cybertill to help them innovate, solve complex omnichannel challenges, and most importantly offer their customers fantastic shopping experiences.
Our customers deserve the best, and we want to offer it. Cybertill operates a customer-centric model and needs an experienced Technical Lead to guide our SCRUM teams in creating best of breed technology for our customers in an agile environment. Cybertill is committed to continuous improvement, and the right individual will be able to drive innovation in our delivery and offerings that benefit over 700 retailers in 7,500 locations throughout the world.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers across multiple projects/SCRUM teams. They will be responsible for delivering efficient, secure and scalable solutions that are architecturally sound, testable and written with a focus on coding standards. Their team will include developers, testers and product owners whilst closely interacting with other colleagues in Customer Service, Sales, Support, Training, Projects and Implementations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and measure the performance of software engineers: including quality, work rate, adherence to product specifications, coding standards and security best practices.
- Work with the Scrum Master and the other Technical Leads to assist with codebase management (Release preparation etc.).
- Identify, agree and implement improvements to ways of working (including tools used, processes and coding standards) that provide a better experience for our customers or improve productivity of the team or our wider business.
- Maintain coding standards and implementation quality by supporting the team technically, by example and work reviews.
- People management and coaching: including assisting with recruitment, handling leave, performance reviews, career planning/coaching and training.
- Conduct technical reviews of user stories with the development team, to identify development technical tasks.
- Help the Product Owners to manage the product backlog: providing technical expertise to ensure it is refined, prioritized and estimated (ready for sprint planning).
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies for one or more teams: daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectives for teams.
- Drive, measure and report on standard metrics across SCRUM teams (velocity, cadence).
- Assist in communicating delivery progress to appropriate stakeholders through all relevant mediums.
We are looking for someone with a natural desire to reject “second best”, when it comes to quality and coding standards. That person would put the customer at the forefront of their decision making, whilst having the ability to contribute positively to the team by offering solutions to problems. They should be able to organise and plan the workload for one or multiple projects and multiple team members. We are looking for an effective communicator who is able to motivate team members as well as challenge them, in a constructive manner.
The Technical Lead will have strong experience of successfully leading a team of software developers, in an agile (SCRUM) environment, as a manager, mentor or development team leader. They will have experience in:
- MVC frameworks, preferably Laravel/Symfony
- Knowledge of RESTful API principles
- A working knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Knowledge of Agile (SCRUM) principles.
- Experience leading an Agile team.
- Experience using Agile/SCRUM compatible tools like Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft TFS or similar leading product.
- Experience with coaching/mentoring members of the team
Other Desirable Experience Includes:
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- KAFKA/event driven architecture
- Unit testing/TDD
- Knowledge of retail systems/large scale transactional systems
- Team focused
- Service orientated
- Innovative & Passionate
- An excellent communicator (Happy to present to internal teams and customers frequently)
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer-centric ethos
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Technical Lead.
Ideally Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a computing or related subject.
Predominantly based at the Cybertill Head office in Knowsley with all flexible / remote working practices catered for.
We have invested extensively to create a great working environment for our people. Our offices, at Stanley Grange Business Village, in Knowsley, are easily accessible by car, using either the A580 East Lancashire Road, M62 or M57 motorways.
The unique and tranquil surroundings provide a peaceful and inspiring environment for our employees to enjoy. The adjacent woodland walk is perfect for a lunchtime stroll, or to find a quiet spot to eat lunch. Our premises, having been converted from a Victorian farm building, have lots of character and original features, whilst bringing together modern facilities and technology.
COVID19 Statement: Cybertill have been operating under a work from home directive since February as a precaution and protection for our teams during the current pandemic. It is envisaged that whilst this role works closely within the Devops Team and wider business, it may be possible to support full remote and flexible working as part of our ongoing health and wellbeing objectives. Candidates may indicate their ability to commute to Knowsley (Cybertill HQ) as a base of working and ultimately remote working preferences.
Culture & Values:
At Cybertill, we have strived to create a culture that allows our people to succeed. We have an entrepreneurial and family culture amongst our staff, where each member of the team is valued, and their contributions are recognised. Cybertill is a company where people can make an impact. We have a proud history of developing our people and helping them grow in their roles and, in many cases into other roles within the business. We are an organisation that look to recognise and develop the skills of our people to allow them to reach their potential and progress. The environment we have encourages learning and innovation, whilst we look to provide the best possible services to our customers.
Our key values are:
By incorporating these values into all that we do, our people are able to fulfil the company’s vision of excellence by:
Powering shopping experiences with passion service and innovation
As part of our culture, we also enjoy great social activities and events throughout the year.
There are several sporting activities that take place; some being regular, such as weekly 6-a-side football, and others organised to show support for our customers, such as charity netball games etc. As well as sporting events, the company host an annual summer BBQ for employees, as well as great Christmas parties!
Package and Benefits:
- Competetive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Annual leave holiday top-up scheme
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Pool Table and TV
- Free Parking
- Unlimited access to Online Udemy courses
- Cycle 2 Work
- Many other fantastic benefits to choose from
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to email@example.com stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.
Rachel is passionate about retail and the ever-changing retail technology environment, with a keen eye for upcoming retail trends that are set to shake up the sector. She started her career as an intern at a national charity and has progressed rapidly into her current role with Cybertill.
Rachel has a Masters Degree in Digital Marketing from Liverpool John Moores University. I think it’s fair to say she knows her stuff!
Connect with Rachel on LinkedIn.