We are passionate about delivering the latest software and tech to our growing customer base across the UK, US and Europe. With our Insight Driven and Frictionless Commerce cloud-based applications serving an incredibly diverse range of Retailers, we have become one of the UK’s best innovators, winning numerous awards (including the IT Europa SaaS Awards & UK Cloud Awards) along the way.
With our 18 years of experience providing a one stop shop including software, hardware, payments, services and telecoms to over 10,000 retail locations we recognise the power of living and breathing our values by being passionate, agile, supportive and professional at every turn.
Work somewhere where your passion and ideas get brought to life, but more importantly get you noticed. Get ahead and join a team who have your back and drive you forward, every day.
Our customers and their consumers deserve the best experience. Cybertill operates a customer centric product and services model which needs people to go above and beyond when sharing our product with the world.
We are looking for an inspiring Technical Architect to design and deliver real world architectural solutions to strategic and dynamic requirements in line with the company’s technology vision.
What you will do…
- Creating architectural plans for new and innovative features and using best practice patterns to deliver robust key services.
- Work within the design team supporting agile development teams to deliver new features, maintain existing applications or deliver on the company’s technology roadmap.
- Create well documented clear design artefacts that enable efficient production flow.
- Working with the Design Manager and Senior Cloud Engineer to leverage the best of cloud hosted services within our products architecture.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of our DevOps process around CI/CD.
Who we are looking for…
The ideal candidate will be organised, with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks. They will have a natural desire to reject “second best” when it comes to quality and best practice, puts the customer at the forefront of their decision making, offers solutions not problems and is a real team player.
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture and RESTful API principles
- Even driven architecture, using systems like Kafka or similar.
- Knowledge of containerisation like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes as well as typical software stacks like LAMP.
- Familiarity with ORMs (Eloquent/Doctrine/Propel) including general MySQL knowledge
- Standard software development best practises, including knowledge of frameworks like Laravel and frontend frameworks like Angular, React etc.
- KAFKA/event driven architecture
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss complex technical concepts.
What other skills we need…
It isn’t just about what you know, it is just as important to us about how you do it.
You will be:
- Self Aware
- Results focused
- Team focused
- Innovative & Passionate
- An excellent communicator (Happy to present to internal teams and customers frequently)
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer-obsessed ethos
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technical Architect, Development Team Lead or Senior Developer, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computing or Technology.
Who you will work with…
The Technical Architect will work in our DesignOps team and see close interaction with other colleagues in the Devops Team.
What Physical Demands are there…
Our Work Environment:
Although Head Officed in Liverpool we care about how the job is done, not necessarily where it is done! We are happy to explore all flexible and remote working practices that suit us both, but we still love seeing our customers face to face so travel both in the UK and overseas maybe required from time to time.
What you will get….
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Friday afternoons dedicated to Innovation & Learning
- Unlimited Udemy access to over 3,000 courses
- Protected wellbeing time
- Great supportive working environment,
- Other optional benefits to choose from
Our promise to you is that your hard work will be recognised and celebrated. We have a Teams channel for shoutouts, Weekly Town Halls to communicate our challenges and successes, rewards for Innovation and living our values, and a much-acclaimed Annual BBQ catered for by the Directors (well it can’t all be good)!
Please send a detailed CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this role.
Rachel is passionate about retail and the ever-changing retail technology environment, with a keen eye for upcoming retail trends that are set to shake up the sector. She started her career as an intern at a national charity and has progressed rapidly into her current role with Cybertill.
Rachel has a Masters Degree in Digital Marketing from Liverpool John Moores University. I think it’s fair to say she knows her stuff!
Connect with Rachel on LinkedIn.