Cybertill is looking for a talented Senior Developer to expand our team to deliver on our ambitious vision for the company. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to accelerate our roadmap which aligns directly with changing retailer and consumer expectations.
Cybertill was founded in 2001 and was the first technology of its kind to allow stores, ecommerce and warehouses to report and access centralised data in real-time. Yeah, we basically invented cloud retailing. However, we’re much more than that now and we need to stand out to innovative retailers in this crowded tech marketplace. Retailers look to Cybertill to help them innovate, solve complex omnichannel challenges and most importantly offer their customers fantastic shopping experiences.
Our customers deserve the best, and we want to offer it. Cybertill operates a customer-centric model and needs an experienced Senior Developer to deliver exciting, intuitive and innovative user experiences that are functional, efficient and secure. Cybertill is committed to continuous improvement and the right individual will be able to propel fast-paced change that benefits over 700 retailers in 7,500 locations throughout the world.
The role of Senior Developer will work within the DevOps Department and will report into the Technical Lead. The position will work alongside the Design Team, Developers, Testers and Product Owners to help deliver product changes in an agile environment. The Senior Developer will be responsible for delivering efficient, secure and scalable solutions that are architecturally sound, testable and written with a focus on coding standards. The role will also see close interaction with other colleagues in Customer Service, Sales, Support, Training, Projects and Implementations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within and agile team to deliver new features, maintain existing applications and to deliver on the company’s technology roadmap.
- Creating new and innovative features and services that are robust.
- Creating new and innovative user experiences based on industry best practices.
- Create well written, well documented and testable code using modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel/Symfony.
- Create well written frontend JS applications using modern frameworks such as Angular.
- Support and mentor Developers across the Product Teams in approaches to development and ways of working to create and collaborate on exciting new product innovations.
The ideal candidate would be an individual that is organised, with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks. We are looking for someone with a natural desire to reject “second best” when it comes to quality and coding standards. That person would put the customer at the forefront of their decision making, whilst having the ability to contribute positively to the team by offering solutions to problems.
Candidates must have experience of developing software within a LAMP (PHP & MySQL) stack environment. Ideally with experience of cloud-based providers, large scale retail or ecommerce systems, or application which are used by many different customers. Experience of varied approaches to software development (e.g. Agile, BDD, TDD) will be of benefit.
The right candidate will have a good eye for design (UI/UX) and have experience writing frontend applications, using modern JS frameworks.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- OO PHP including MVC frameworks, preferably Laravel/Symfony.
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture and RESTful API principles.
- Knowledge of the LAMP stack, containerisation like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with ORMs (Eloquent/Doctrine/Propel) including general MySQL knowledge.
- Modular approach throughout development cycle from design to Unit testing.
- Strong UI/UX instincts.
- More experienced candidates would ideally be able to coach/mentor less experienced members of the team.
- KAFKA/event driven architecture.
- UI/UX Experience/Responsive Design.
- Angular 2-6, JQuery.
- Knowledge of retail systems/large scale transactional systems.
Ideally, a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a computing or related subject.
Predominantly based at the Cybertill Head office in Knowsley with all flexible / remote working practices accommodated. We have invested extensively to create a great working environment for our people. Our offices, at Stanley Grange Business Village, in Knowsley, are easily accessible by car, using either the A580 East Lancashire Road, M62 or M57 motorways.
The unique and tranquil surroundings provide a peaceful and inspiring environment for our employees to enjoy. The adjacent woodland walk is perfect for a lunchtime stroll, or to find a quiet spot to eat lunch. Our premises, having been converted from a Victorian farm building, have lots of character and original features, whilst bringing together modern facilities and technology.
COVID19 Statement: Cybertill are currently operating under a work from home directive as a precaution and protection for our teams during the current pandemic. It is envisaged that whilst this role is working closely with the Devops team and wider business it may be possible to support remote and flexible working as part of an ongoing health and wellbeing objectives. Candidates may indicate their ability to commute to Knowsley (Cybertill HQ) as a base of working and ultimately remote working preferences.
Culture & Values:
At Cybertill, we have strived to create a culture that allows our people to succeed.
We have an entrepreneurial and family culture amongst our staff, where each member of the team is valued, and their contributions are recognised. Cybertill is a company where people can make an impact.
We have a proud history of developing our people and helping them grow in their roles and, in many cases into other roles within the business. We are an organisation that look to recognise and develop the skills of our people to allow them to reach their potential and progress. The environment we have encourages learning and innovation, whilst we look to provide the best possible services to our customers.
Our key values are:
By incorporating these values into all that we do, our people are able to fulfil the company’s primary goal.
As part of our culture, we also enjoy great social activities and events throughout the year.
There are several sporting activities that take place; some being regular, such as weekly 6-a-side football, and others organised to show support for our customers, such as charity netball games etc.
As well as sporting events, the company host an annual summer BBQ for employees, as well as great Christmas parties!
Package and Benefits:
- Excellent Salary – dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Annual leave holiday top-up scheme
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Pool Table and TV
- Free Parking
- Unlimited access to Online Udemy courses
- Cycle 2 Work
- Many other fantastic benefits to choose from
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please send a detailed CV along with covering letter to email@example.com to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this role.