We are passionate about delivering the latest software and tech to our growing customer base across the UK, US and Europe. With our Insight Driven and Frictionless Commerce cloud-based applications serving an incredibly diverse range of Retailers, we have become one of the UK’s best innovators, winning numerous awards (including the IT Europa SaaS Awards & UK Cloud Awards) along the way.
With our 18 years of experience providing a one stop shop including software, hardware, payments, services and telecoms to over 10,000 retail locations we recognise the power of living and breathing our values by being passionate, agile, supportive and professional at every turn.
Work somewhere where your passion and ideas get brought to life, but more importantly get you noticed. Get ahead and join a team who have your back and drive you forward, every day.
Our customers and their consumers deserve the best experience. Cybertill operates a customer centric product and services model which needs people to go above and beyond when sharing our product with the world.
We are looking for a talented Senior Developer to help shape our product and join our team of professionals, who are passionate about delivering best of breed technology to our customers. The position will report into the technical lead and work alongside developers, testers and product owners to help deliver product changes in an agile environment. The senior developer will be responsible for delivering efficient, secure and scalable solutions that are architecturally sound, testable and written with a focus on coding standards.
What you will do…
- Work within and agile team to deliver new features, maintain existing applications or deliver on the company’s technology roadmap.
- Creating new and innovative features and services that are robust.
- Creating new and innovative user experiences based on industry best practices.
- Create well written, well documented and testable code using modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel/Symfony.
- Create well written frontend JS applications using modern frameworks such as Angular.
- Support and mentor developers across the Product teams in approaches to development and ways of working to create and collaborate on exciting new product innovations.
Who we are looking for…
- Someone with a natural desire to reject “second best” when it comes to quality and coding standards.
- OO PHP including MVC frameworks, preferably Laravel/Symfony.
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture and RESTful API principles
- Knowledge of the LAMP stack, containerisation like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Familiarity with ORMs (Eloquent/Doctrine/Propel) including general MySQL knowledge.
- Modular approach throughout development cycle from design to Unit testing
- Strong UI/UX instincts
- More experienced candidates would ideally be able to coach/mentor less experienced members of the team.
What other skills we need…
It isn’t just about what you know, it is just as important to us about how you do it.
You will be:
- Results focused.
- Team focused.
- Service orientated.
- Innovative & Passionate
- An excellent communicator (Happy to present to internal teams and customers frequently)
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer-obsessed ethos.
Ideally, a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a computing or related subject.
Who you will work with…
The role of the Senior Developer works within our Devops Team and will work closely with their squad of Leads, developers, product owners and QA.
What Physical Demands are there…
Our Work Environment:
Although Head Officed in Liverpool we care about how the job is done, not necessarily where it is done! We are happy to explore all flexible and remote working practices that suit us both, but we still love seeing our customers face to face so travel both in the UK and overseas maybe required from time to time.
What you will get…
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 30 days annual leave with top us schemes
- Flexible Working Hours
- Friday afternoons dedicated to Innovation & Learning.
- Unlimited Udemy access to over 3,000 courses
- Protected wellbeing time
- Great supportive working environment,
- a Other optional benefits to choose from
Our promise to you is that your hard work will be recognised and celebrated. We have a Teams channel for shoutouts, Weekly Town Halls to communicate our challenges and successes, rewards for Innovation and living our values, and a much-acclaimed Annual BBQ catered for by the Directors (well it can’t all be good)!
Please send a detailed CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this role.
Rachel is passionate about retail and the ever-changing retail technology environment, with a keen eye for upcoming retail trends that are set to shake up the sector. She started her career as an intern at a national charity and has progressed rapidly into her current role with Cybertill.
Rachel has a Masters Degree in Digital Marketing from Liverpool John Moores University. I think it’s fair to say she knows her stuff!
Connect with Rachel on LinkedIn.