Cybertill is looking for a talented Scrum Master to accelerate the development of its software and products. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to drive product roadmap delivery that aligns directly with changing retailer and consumer expectations.
Cybertill was founded in 2001 and was the first technology of its kind to allow stores, ecommerce and warehouses to report and access centralised data in real-time. Yeah, we basically invented cloud retailing. However, we’re much more than that now, and we need to stand out to innovative retailers in this crowded tech marketplace. Retailers look to Cybertill to help them innovate, solve complex omnichannel challenges, and most importantly offer their customers a fantastic shopping experience.
Cybertill operates a customer-centric model and needs an experienced Scrum Master to implement SCRUM by coaching and mentoring the teams with Agile Methodologies and serving as a Technical Lead, ensuring the best delivery of our market-leading product. Cybertill is committed to continuous improvement and the right individual will be able to propel fast-paced change, that benefits over 700 retailers in 7,500 locations throughout the world.
The role of Scrum Master works within the Product Department and reports into the Chief Technology Officer. The position will work alongside the Design Team, Developers, Testers and Product Owners to help deliver product changes. The role will also see close interaction with other colleagues in Customer Service, Sales, Support, Training, Projects and Implementations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies for one or more teams both internally and externally: daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectives ceremonies for teams.
- Challenge teams to learn and improve using agile frameworks, practices and metrics.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution and to remove impediments whilst shielding the team from distractions, that may arise beyond their control.
- Collaborate with Product Owner(s) to ensure the team is allocated appropriate time to work on their improvements.
- Help the Product Owner(s) to manage the product backlog ensuring it is refined, prioritised and estimated in preparation for sprint planning.
- Drive, measure and report on standard metrics across all scrum teams (internal and external).
- Collaborate with the Product Owner(s) and ensure transparency in reporting to stake holders.
- Communicate delivery progress to appropriate stakeholders through all relevant mediums.
- Manage annual leave and training within the team to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality output by growing skills inside the team.
- Maintain coding standards, security metrics and implementation quality by supporting team technically by example and work reviews.
- Facilitate close working relationships with 3rd party development teams to deliver consistent processes across internal and external developments.
- Build a trusting and safe environment whereby problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Provide central point of contact for all development activity in the Product Department through consistent processes and approach regarding requests for change and product backlogs.
- Manage and maintain the JIRA tool for the capture, refinement and metrics associated with all product development activity.
The Scrum Master will have strong experience of successfully leading a team of Software Developers through a full system/product development life cycle as a manager, mentor, or Technical Lead and with the following technologies and principles:
- Agile / Scrum / Kanban based software development.
- Experience of the following technologies: PHP, JS UI frameworks, AWS, MySQL, Restful APIs, Event Frameworks, ETL and other common patterns/frameworks.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Knowledge of microservice architecture.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external).
- Leading and managing cross discipline teams.
- Project Management.
- Offshore and Near Shore Development Management experience.
- Determining Key metrics for delivery and producing resultant KPIs.
- Proven experience leading a team of Software Developers throughout the full software development life cycle.
- Enthusiastic leader who is assertive around process and an excellent communicator.
- You will be highly self-aware and understand the needs of others.
- Analytical and a good problem solver.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience and a customer-centric ethos.
- Experience using Agile/SCRUM compatible tools like Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft TFS or similar leading product.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Ability to query and produce effective management reporting.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
Ideally Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
Predominantly based at the Cybertill Head office in Knowsley with all flexible / remote working practices accommodated.
We have invested extensively to create a great working environment for our people. Our offices, at Stanley Grange Business Village, in Knowsley, are easily accessible by car, using either the A580 East Lancashire Road, M62 or M57 motorways.
The unique and tranquil surroundings provide a peaceful and inspiring environment for our employees to enjoy. The adjacent woodland walk is perfect for a lunchtime stroll, or to find a quiet spot to eat lunch. Our premises, having been converted from a Victorian farm building, have lots of character and original features, whilst bringing together modern facilities and technology.
COVID19 Statement: Cybertill have been operating under a work from home directive since February 2020 as a precaution and protection for our teams during the current pandemic. It is envisaged that whilst this role works closely within the Product Department and wider business, it may be possible to support full remote and flexible working as part of our ongoing health and wellbeing objectives. Candidates may indicate their ability to commute to Knowsley (Cybertill HQ) as a base of working and ultimately remote working preferences.
Culture & Values:
At Cybertill, we have strived to create a culture that allows our people to succeed.
We have an entrepreneurial and family culture amongst our staff, where each member of the team is valued and their contributions are recognised. Cybertill is a company where people can make an impact.
We have a proud history of developing our people and helping them grow in their roles and in many cases into other roles within the business. We are an organisation that look to recognise and develop the skills of our people to allow them to reach their potential and progress. The environment we have encourages learning and innovation, whilst we look to provide the best possible services to our customers.
Our key values are:
By incorporating these values into all that we do, our people are able to fulfil the company’s primary goal.
As part of our culture, we also enjoy great social activities and events throughout the year.
There are several sporting activities that take place; some being regular, such as weekly 6-a-side football and others organised to show support for our customers, such as charity netball games etc.
As well as sporting events, the company host an annual summer BBQ for employees, as well as great Christmas parties!
Package and Benefits:
- Excellent salary dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Annual leave holiday top-up scheme
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Pool Table and TV
- Free Parking
- Unlimited access to Online Udemy courses
- Cycle 2 Work
- Many other fantastic benefits to choose from
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please send a detailed CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this role.