Summary of functions:
We are looking for a talented software tester to join our team of professionals, who are passionate about delivering best of breed quality solutions to our customers.
The software tester will be responsible for managing test plans and the testing of software to ensure company guidelines and standards are maintained.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- To prepare test plans and scripts for each software component.
- To execute test cases, analyse results and report any issues.
- To prepare and maintain test plans for use on automated testing tools.
- To ensure that high quality and accuracy is maintained during each software release.
- To test new hardware and equipment to ensure compatibility with our software.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Annual leave top-up scheme (buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Flexible working (flexi-time hours)
- Remote working (regular working from home day)
- Contribution pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Xbox, Pool Table and TV
- Other optional benefits to choose from, such as:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- ISTQB Foundation Level or higher.
Predominantly based at Cybertill’s Head office, in Knowsley, with all flexible working practices catered for. Potential for occasional travel, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Employees within our DevOps department are able to enjoy our flexible working policy.
- Have a school run to organise each morning? No problem, your working day can start as late as 10am.
- Prefer to get home early? No problem, your working day can finish at 4:30pm.
- All we ask is that you cover core hours of 10am-4:30pm, whilst working your 7.5 hour day (plus 30 minutes for lunch, of course!).
- Enjoy working from home? No problem, have a *dedicated “Work From Home” day. Apply the same flexible working hours at home, as well.
- Working from home and flexible working hours are a great benefit of working for Cybertill.
*On occasion, you may be required to come into the office on a work from home day (if business requirements dictate).
Cybertill is a market leading provider of innovative Retail Systems to retailers working in a variety of markets. We are the market leaders in charity retail and are looking to expand our team to deliver on our ambitious vision for the company.
Cybertill has achieved so much in such a short period of time for a number of reasons; the quality of its EPoS and Retail Management software, the quick adoption of its technology in retail, the success of the management team, and lastly but equally as important the quality of its staff.
Culture & Values:
At Cybertill, we have strived to create a culture that allows our people to succeed.
We have an entrepreneurial and family culture amongst our staff, where each member of the team is valued and their contributions are recognised. Cybertill is a company where people can make an impact.
We have a proud history of developing our people and helping them grow in their roles and, in many cases into other roles within the business. We are an organisation that look to recognise and develop the skills of our people to allow them to reach their potential and progress. The environment we have encourages learning and innovation, whilst we look to provide the best possible services to our customers.
Our key values are:
By incorporating these values into all that we do, our people are able to fulfil the company’s primary goal:
To create great shopping experiences, with Passion, Service and Commitment using our scalable, innovative, secure technology.. One Platform, One Solution.
As part of our culture, we also enjoy great social activities and events throughout the year.
There are several sporting activities that take place; some being regular, such as weekly 6-a-side football, and others organised to show support for our customers, such as charity netball games etc.
As well as sporting events, the company host an annual summer BBQ for employees, as well as great Christmas parties!
Environment & Facilities
We have invested extensively to create a great working environment for our people. Our offices, at Stanley Grange Business Village, in Knowsley, are easily accessible by car; using either the A580 East Lancashire Road, M62 or M57 motorways.
The unique and tranquil surroundings provide a peaceful and inspiring environment for our employees to enjoy. The adjacent woodland walk is perfect for a lunchtime stroll, or to find a quiet spot to eat lunch. Our premises, having been converted from a Victorian farm building, have lots of character and original features, whilst bringing together modern facilities and technology.
Cybertill have dedicated free and unlimited parking. We are located within 9 miles of Liverpool City Centre, 13 miles from Warrington and 31 miles from Manchester.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to email@example.com stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.
Christine is interim HR supervisor at Cybertill, and with an impressive employee relations background working within highly unionised manufacturing sectors, she really looks after everyone.