Summary of functions
Cybertill is looking for a creative, customer centric Product Owner to help determine and deliver upon our product vision. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the product and work with the engineering teams to help our Retailers innovate, solve complex omnichannel challenges, and most importantly offer their customers fantastic shopping experiences. The right candidate will want to set trends in retail, help Cybertill stand out to innovative retailers in the crowded tech marketplace, and deliver best-of-breed technology to Cybertill customers.
Our customers deserve the best, and we want to offer it. Cybertill operates a customer-centric model which needs an experienced product owner to help identify and research opportunities, engage with customer groups including all internal stakeholders to maximise roadmap and customer value. The candidate will comfortable with improving software applications using Agile and SCRUM methodologies, Continual Improvement philosophies and be adept at articulating these concepts to non-technical internal and external customers.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Identify new features / products and opportunities to improve our understanding of the market and competition
- Understand feedback from customers and colleagues, analyse data about product use and incident management data and then turning that insight into deliverables that add value to our customers.
- Product Lifecycle Management
- To create, maintain, share and own a product roadmap by building appropriate user stories
- To prioritise the product backlog and provide the input to the engineers in the team about what to build.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- To work with Product Manager and other Product Owners to ensure different product roadmaps align towards a common vision that makes sense to customers and colleagues.
- To be able to balance and deliver value through both short-term goals and long-term vision.
- To invest time in looking outside the business and existing customers to identify the opportunities that will add value in the future.
- Promote, strengthen and continuously improve the product management discipline within our business.
- To work alongside our sales and marketing teams so that plans and forecasts across those teams all align.
- To work directly with our customers to determine detailed functional requirements and document these for onward design and delivery
The role of Product Owner works within the Devops department and reports into the Product Manager. The position will work alongside developers, testers and a Scrum Master within a self- managing team to deliver product change. The role will also see close interaction with other colleagues in Customer Service, Support, Training, Sales and Marketing.
The Product Owner will have a strong Product Lifecycle Management background and have extensive experience working with the following technologies and principles:
- Retail systems
- ERP systems
- API’s & Microservices
- Agile / Scrum Development
Additional requirements include strong knowledge of relevant applications and project management, general knowledge of professional services and applicable processes in the Retail Industry.
The will Product Owner will be:
- Team focused
- Service orientated
- Innovative & Passionate
- An Excellent communicator (Happy to present to internal teams and customers frequently)
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer-centric ethos
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Product Owner, Product Marketing Manager or Business Analyst. Ideally Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
Predominantly based at the Cybertill Head office in Knowsley with all flexible working practices catered for. Travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible Working
- Annual leave top-up scheme
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Great working environment,
- Other optional benefits to choose from
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.
Christine is interim HR supervisor at Cybertill, and with an impressive employee relations background working within highly unionised manufacturing sectors, she really looks after everyone.