Summary of functions:
We are looking for a talented full stack Magento developer to join our team of professionals, who are passionate about delivering best of breed technology to our customers. The full stack developer will be responsible for delivering efficient, secure and scalable solutions that are architecturally sound, testable and written with a focus on coding standards. Additionally, the role will involve delivering exciting, intuitive and innovative user experiences that are functional, efficient and secure.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Developing our next generation Magento 2 sites.
- Developing integration interfaces between our core software product and Magento using SOAP API Services.
- Diagnosing and remediating software bugs in a timely manner.
- Producing code to be scalable and reusable across a range of client sizes and business needs.
- Develop custom changes to Magento’s core code.
Proposing architecture improvements, development strategies, and coding standards
- Work within an agile team to deliver new ecommerce features, maintain existing
- applications and deliver on the company’s technology roadmap.
- Creating new and innovative features and services that are robust.
- Creating new and innovative user experiences based on industry best practices.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Annual leave top-up scheme (buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Flexible working (flexi-time hours)
- Remote working (regular working from home day)
- Contribution pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Xbox, Pool Table and TV
- Other optional benefits to choose from, including a cycle to work scheme and childcare voucher scheme
The role of Magento 2.0 full stack developer works within the Digital department and reports into the Digital Manager. The position will work alongside developers, testers and product owners to help deliver ecommerce product changes in an agile environment. The role will also see close interaction with other colleagues; in customer service, support, training, projects and implementations.
The ideal candidate would be an individual that is organised, with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks. We are looking for someone with a natural desire reject “second best” when it comes to quality and coding standards. That person would put the customer at the forefront of their decision making, whilst having the ability to contribute positively to the team by offering solutions to problems.
Candidates must have a minium of 2 years experience in a full stack role using the Magento 2 Community Platform. Ideally the successful candidate would be Magento certified, however if not yet earned, you will be given the tools and opportunity to pursue the certification.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- At least 2 years Magento 2 experience in a full stack role. Certification is preferred but not essential.
- Modern frameworks like Magento, Laravel, Symfony
- Knowledge of SOAP & RESTful API principles
- A working knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Version control (GIT/SVN)
- Exposure to ORMs (Eloquent/Propel)
- Strong UI/UX instincts
- More experienced candidates would ideally be able to coach/mentor less experienced members of the team
- Problem solving
- Ecommerce Best Practise
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- UI/UX Experience/Responsive Design
- JQuery, Angular 2-6
- Unit testing
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Knowledge of retail systems/large scale transactional systems
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a computing or related subject.
Predominantly based at Cybertill’s Head office, in Knowsley, with all flexible working practices catered for. Potential for occasional travel, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Employees within our development department are able to enjoy our flexible working policy.
- Have a school run to organise each morning? No problem, your working day can start as late as 10am.
- Prefer to get home early? No problem, your working day can finish at 4:30pm.
- All we ask is that you cover core hours of 10am-4:30pm, whilst working your 7.5 hour day (plus 30 minutes for lunch, of course!).
- Enjoy working from home? No problem, have a *dedicated “Work From Home” day. Apply the same flexible working hours at home, as well.
- Working from home and flexible working hours are a great benefit of working for Cybertill.
*On occasion, you may be required to come into the office on a work from home day (if business requirements dictate).
Cybertill is a market leading provider of innovative Retail Systems to retailers working in a variety of markets. We are the market leaders in charity retail and are looking to expand our team to deliver on our ambitious vision for the company.
Cybertill has achieved so much in such a short period of time for a number of reasons; the quality of its EPoS and Retail Management software, the quick adoption of its technology in retail, the success of the management team, and lastly but equally as important the quality of its staff.
Culture & Values:
At Cybertill, we have strived to create a culture that allows our people to succeed.
We have a entrepreneurial and family culture amongst our staff, where each member of the team is valued and their contributions are recognised. Cybertill is a company where people can make an impact.
We have a proud history of developing our people and helping them grow in their roles and, in many cases into other roles within the business. We are an organisation that look to recognise and develop the skills of our people to allow them to reach their potential and progress. The environment we have encourages learning and innovation, whilst we look to provide the best possible services to our customers.
Our key values are:
By incorporating these values into all that we do, our people are able to fulfil the company’s primary goal:
To create great shopping experiences, with Passion, Service and Commitment using our scalable, innovative, secure technology.. One Platform, One Solution.
As part of our culture, we also enjoy great social activities and events throughout the year.
There are several sporting activities that take place; some being regular, such as weekly 6-a-side football, and others organised to show support for our customers, such as charity netball games etc.
As well as sporting events, the company host an annual summer BBQ for employees, as well as great Christmas parties!
Environment & Facilities
We have invested extensively to create a great working environment for our people. Our offices, at Stanley Grange Business Village, in Knowsley, are easily accessible by car; using either the A580 East Lancashire Road, M62 or M57 motorways.
The unique and tranquil surroundings provide a peaceful and inspiring environment for our employees to enjoy. The adjacent woodland walk is perfect for a lunchtime stroll, or to find a quiet spot to eat lunch. Our premises, having been converted from a Victorian farm building, have lots of character and original features, whilst bringing together modern facilities and technology.
Cybertill have dedicated free and unlimited parking. We are located within 9 miles of Liverpool City Centre, 13 miles from Warrington and 31 miles from Manchester.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.
Christine is interim HR supervisor at Cybertill, and with an impressive employee relations background working within highly unionised manufacturing sectors, she really looks after everyone.