Summary of functions
We are looking for a looking for a proactive, experienced Data Architect to join our team of professionals, who are passionate about delivering best of breed technology to our customers – building, optimising & maintaining conceptual and logical database models.
Working as a Data Architect you’ll be expected to know how to analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. You will have a passion for turning insight into recommendations. Hands on experience of SQL (particularly MySQL & T-SQL) and familiarity with predictive analysis and data visualisation techniques using relevant tools.
Ultimately you will develop data warehousing of information to be used in variety of reporting streams.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Identify, agree and implement improvements to ways of working (including tools used, processes and coding standards) that provide a better experience for our customers or improve productivity of the team or our wider business.
- Install and configure Information Systems to ensure functionality.
- Define Security and Backup procedures.
- Optimise new and current database systems.
- Set up and maintain automated data processes (including monitoring) and have a keen interest in supporting documentation.
- Improve System Performance – by testing, troubleshooting and integrating improvements.
- Help the Product Teams to provide technical expertise where required.
- Be able to assist in communicating delivery progress to appropriate stakeholders through all relevant mediums.
- Co-ordinate the Retail Data Services to identify future needs and requirements.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Annual leave top-up scheme (buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Flexible working (flexi-time hours)
- Remote working (regular working from home day)
- Contribution pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has a Pool Table and TV Other optional benefits to choose from, such as:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Corporate Gym membership rates
The role of Data Architect is within the Retail Data Services Team and reports into the Retail Data Services Manager. The position will be within the wider Product department and involve close interaction with other colleagues; in customer service, support, training, projects and implementations.
The ideal candidate would be an individual that is organised, with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks. We are looking for someone with a natural desire to reject “second best” when it comes to quality. That person would put the customer at the forefront of their decision making, whilst having the ability to contribute positively to the team by offering solutions to problems
They should be able to organise and plan the workload for one or multiple projects and with key customer focus. We are looking for an effective communicator who is able to work as part of a team as well as challenge processes, in a constructive manner, for the betterment of the team & business.
- Proven working experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist or similar role.
- Advanced SQL knowledge in both MySQL & MSSQL / T-SQL
- Experience in using analytical technologies to consolidate multiple data sets, summarise findings and present your recommendations is key
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Excellent communicator Desirable:
- Knowledge of ITIL or Service Management Practices
- Knowledge of Retail systems or large scale transactional systems o Knowledge of Business Intelligence functions & tools.
Ideally, a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Predominantly based at Cybertill’s Head office, in Knowsley, with all flexible working practices catered for.
- Potential for occasional travel, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Flexible Working
- Employees within our Retail Data Services department are able to enjoy our flexible working policy.
- Have a school run to organise each morning? No problem, your working day can start as late as 10am.
- Prefer to get home early? No problem, your working day can finish at 4:30pm.
- All we ask is that you cover core hours of 10am-4:30pm, whilst working your 7.5 hour day (plus 30 minutes for lunch, of course!).
- Enjoy working from home? No problem, have a *dedicated “Work From Home” day. Apply the same flexible working hours at home, as well.
- Working from home and flexible working hours are a great benefit of working for Cybertill.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a covering letter and c.v. to email@example.com stating your reasons as to why you feel that you would be suitable for this role.
Christine is interim HR supervisor at Cybertill, and with an impressive employee relations background working within highly unionised manufacturing sectors, she really looks after everyone.